- $400 for Initial Diagnostic Interview (typically 90-120 minutes)
- $400 for Interpretative Feedback Session (typically 90-120 minutes)
- $200 per hour for all other clinical services including but not limited to testing and evaluation services, record review, phone calls, off-site meetings, school visits, and travel time, documentation and other report preparation, consultation, and coaching sessions, as well as late cancellation and no-show fees. Some services may be prorated based on the hourly fee.
- Payment in full is required in advance or at the time services are provided, depending on the type of service provided. Payment can be made by cash, check, or credit card.
For Initial Visits:
- In order for new patients to secure their position on Dr. Streicher’s active case load and reserve the initial interview appointment, advanced payment or payment authorization for the full amount of the initial visit must be received within 10 business days of scheduling the appointment.
- Advanced payment can be made by check/cash, or a credit card payment authorization form can be completed and kept on file in lieu of making an advanced payment.
- Initial appointments will not be held beyond 10 business days of scheduling without receipt of either advanced payment or a completed Authorization for Credit Card Charges Form.
- If late payments are received, requests for a new initial visit appointment will be made based on availability.
- Advanced payments and payment authorizations will be held and not applied until at least 10 business days prior to the initial visit, at which point the advanced payment/payment authorization will become nonrefundable should the patient decide to cancel or reschedule the initial visit.
For all other appointments following the initial visit and for the provision of non-face-to-face services:
- An advanced payment for the full fee is due at the time of scheduling, or, in lieu of making an advanced payment, an Authorization for Credit Card Charges Form must be on file.
- If fees are not paid in advance or at the time services are rendered, then no further services will be provided or scheduled until the account balance is paid in full. Dr. Streicher reserves the right to refer delinquent accounts to a collection agency.
- Dr. Streicher does not participate on any insurance panels for her practice at MindWorks, and is therefore considered an out-of-network provider.
- Dr. Streicher will provide you with the appropriate documentation to attach to your insurance claim at the conclusion of services if you plan to submit a request for reimbursement to your insurance company.
- If you request Dr. Streicher to assist you with insurance pre-authorization or claims issues, you will be billed for her time on a prorated hourly basis. However, she can not follow-up on any disputed claims.
If you plan to submit a reimbursement request to your insurance company: It is important to know your insurance company’s rules and requirements, as well as your particular benefits and limits, as plans vary widely. Please be aware that not all services are covered by insurance plans. For instance, most plans do not cover educational testing to diagnose learning disorders or missed appointment fees. Many plans require pre-authorization for psychological and neuropsychological testing and limit the allowable number of hours of testing per benefit year. You are strongly encouraged to contact your insurance company prior to initiating services to ask the following questions:
- Do I have out-of-network medical and behavioral health benefits?
- Is pre-authorization (or pre-certification) required to use out-of-network benefits? If so, you will need to obtain this directly from your insurance company.
- Is a referral from the patient’s primary care medical provider required? If so, you will need to obtain this directly from the primary care provider.
- Should medical or behavioral/mental health benefits be used for an evaluation given the reason for the evaluation? For instance, some insurance policies require that patients with previously diagnosed medical conditions (such as seizures, traumatic brain injury, concussions) use medical benefits for testing services, while patients with suspected neurodevelopment disorders (such as ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorders) use behavioral/mental health benefits for testing services.
- What is my deductible, has it been met, and do out-of-network expenses count towards my deductible?
- How many units of each of the following procedures codes (called "CPT codes") are allowable per year and what is the maximum allowable charge the insurance company will pay for each of the following CPT codes? 90791, 90834, 90847, 96130, 96131, 96132, 96133, 96136, 96137, 96146, 96116, 96121, 96112, and 96113.
- What percentage of the allowable charge will the insurance company pay and what percentage of the allowable charge should I expect to pay?
- What is the address where the claims need to be sent to?
Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts and Healthcare Savings Accounts:
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Healthcare Savings Accounts (HSA) are like personal savings accounts from pre-tax income that are used to pay for or obtain reimbursement for eligible healthcare expenses for the individual account holder and his/her spouse and dependents. Such funds can be used to obtain reimbursement for healthcare expenses not covered by insurance.
- If you plan to use your FSA or HSA funds to obtain reimbursement or to pay for services provided by Dr. Streicher, please check with your account administrator to determine if behavioral health services by a licensed provider are considered eligible expenses for your particular plan, as well as what the necessary procedures and required documentation for requesting reimbursement are.